Montreal police investigate suspected arson on St-Laurent Blvd.
The Montreal police are investigating a case of suspected arson that occurred in the city’s Plateau-Mont-Royal borough early Monday morning.
According to police, a fire broke out in a business on St-Laurent Blvd., near the corner of Prince-Arthur St., around 6 a.m.
Firefighters found at least one incendiary device that had been thrown through a window, and witnesses told police they saw a suspect fleeing the scene.
Police say no one was inside the business at the time, but the building suffered significant damages.
A 29-year-old man who tried to stop the fire was transported to a hospital after inhaling smoke.
You're likely seeing less coverage like this because Meta, which owns Facebook and Instagram, is blocking news in Canada. We remain dedicated to covering the stories that matter to Montrealers. Here are five things you can do to stay informed:
- Subscribe to get all our coverage, including exclusives you won't find anywhere else.
- Download our app for iOS or Android, and don't forget to turn on breaking news alerts.
- Newsletters bring the best of our coverage to your inbox. Whether you want to follow the biggest stories or a specific topic, we have one for you.
- Follow us on other social media platforms, such as X (a.k.a. Twitter), YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Bookmark montrealgazette.com and check back for the latest updates.